Sweet Baby Berlyn

Sweet Baby Berlyn

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our Special Surprise!

The date we found out I was pregnant was June 16, 2011, my daddy's birthday. Hearing the news from my doctor that I was pregnant had me shocked, excited, and frightened, all at the same time.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I came home on my lunch break to tell my husband that I was pregnant, and that was the start of an amazing, beautiful, but sometimes scary, journey.

The first 14 weeks were very hard on me. Although I cannot say I was sick everyday, I had my share of morning sickness. I also felt like I could not function on less than 10 hours of sleep. Pregnancy puts your body through a lot- and no one tells you that. The people who love being pregnant aren't the same people who tell you your feet swell up like balloons, your boobs have a mind of their own, and your appetite can be destroyed by taking one whiff of the wrong thing. Luckily for me, after about 3 and a half months of nausea and sleepiness, I could actually say that I enjoyed being pregnant. There is something truly magical and amazing about the concept of providing life to your baby and giving her everything she needs to grow for 10 months. This is something that still baffles me! If pregnancy is not a miracle of God, I don't know what is.

The first time I felt my daughter move inside me is a day I'll never forget. I was 19 weeks pregnant and the feeling was comparable to butterflies fluttering around in my belly. That was when it suddenly became real for me. After I felt the first movements, hiccups, and somersaults, it made me a hundred times more excited to meet my baby girl.

I would have to say God blessed me with a relatively easy pregnancy. Although I did have swollen ankles, weight gain, and back pain like no other, I wouldn't trade a thing! It's funny how God just has a way of erasing that all from your memory once you're holding the sweet creation that only He could have provided for you!

Throughout this blog, I will be writing updates about my sweet baby girl. I hope everyone finds this interesting as I think it will be fun to capture and write about all her cute moments and milestones!

1 comment: