Sweet Baby Berlyn

Sweet Baby Berlyn

Friday, March 30, 2012

Berlyn: One Month New

A lot of people told me to enjoy every minute with my daughter because the time goes by so fast. However, I didn't think it'd go by THIS fast. It seems like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital in her pink footed pajamas and matching pink beanie, and now she's already one month old.

I have gotten to enjoy so many moments with her this past month, and I can only imagine it getting better as time goes on. Dressing her up in cute outfits and girly headbands has been my favorite thing, and taking pictures on my iPhone of every moment has been really fun, too!

This past week was Berlyn's first big milestone. She started smiling at me and cooing when she gets really excited. The first time she smiled caught me offguard- I'm used to only seeing her smile in her dreams, while she's sleeping! I would change her diaper, look up at her, and just keep talking to her. She would smile in reply and kick her legs around- pretty much the cutest thing I've seen her do yet. Then one night as I was talking to her, she made a sound I'd never heard her make before. I knew it was her way of trying to communicate back to me, and something about it made me emotional. It's like she is growing up right before my eyes!

I plan on taking a photo of 'B' each month for the first year of her life, in hopes that one day we can look back on them together. I have attached her one month picture here and although I never want her to get bigger, I can't wait to take the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment