Sweet Baby Berlyn

Sweet Baby Berlyn

Saturday, July 28, 2012

5 Month Update!

I feel like things have been SO crazy lately. Being back at work and having a 5 month old baby makes for a very hectic lifestyle. I made a promise to myself that I would have all this baby weight lost by the time Berlyn was 6 months old and I am already there! Of course I still have another 15 pounds that I'd like to lose, so I'm going to keep on pushing.

Mine and Justin's schedule during the week is pretty crazy, too. I work all day, come home, and then we go on our evening walk. We try and walk for at least 45 minutes. I squeeze in leg and ab workouts whenever I can, and I have changed the way that I eat. All this has helped me lose the baby weight. I love that we have finally come up with a perfect nighttime routine that also gets Justin involved in exercising. Plus, I feel a lot safer walking with him beside me :)

As far as berlyn is concerned, she just continues to blow my mind. We started her on rice cereal about a week ago and she loves it. She loves sitting in her big girl high chair, and the second she sees me walking over to her with the bowl of cereal her eyes light up with excitement. We also got her a bouncer this month that she enjoys so much (it's also pretty entertaining watching her!). She will be bouncing in it for a while and tire herself out before we lay her down for a nap.

She now rolls from tummy to back, back to tummy, pushes herself up with her arms, and tries use her mouth to make all the sounds she can come up with. We are trying to get her to crawl, but right now all she does is scoot around in a circle. Last night I asked her "Where's Mama?" and she reached out for me. We did it quite a few times and I couldn't believe she knows that I'm 'Mama'!

I love this little girl so much and am so excited to see her little personality continue to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment