Sweet Baby Berlyn

Sweet Baby Berlyn

Saturday, February 1, 2014

blank [canvas]

I have been wanting to decorate our living room for the past 3 years but I just can't ever decide on what to put on the largest wall in the room.  The wall happens to be where our largest sofa is, and it is across from our tv.   


I have considered everything from mirrors, canvas art, and a picture frame collage, but nothing has caught my attention yet.  Until today at Hobby Lobby.  I went with my best girlfriend and she had this great idea of me actually making my own canvas art!  It automatically made me think of the canvas that Jessica (at Little Baby Garvin blog) painted a couple weeks ago.  I know a lot of mommies get inspiration from her and I hope she takes this as flattery :) I also like the idea that it will be one of a kind!

I bought four 16x20 white canvases (each set came with two for $7.99, and, after the 40% off coupon, it came out to a little over $5.00 per set).  It was a pretty good deal if you ask me!  I then went to Michaels and bought some acrylic paints and two different sized brushes.


I still have NO clue what I'm doing.  I don't know if I'll use any patterns, templates, or just a splatter-like effect.  Our living room tends to have a dark feel because of the dark color of our sofas, so I would like for most of the white in the canvases to show through when I'm done, but who knows.  I can't wait to start and I will post photos once I'm finished!

Also, it must be known that we will be painting over that ugly wall color and changing it to a much lighter color.  Like I said, this is the last room we have to re-decorate (go figure, it's the room we spend the most time in!) but now it's time!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your paintings!! I have wanted to try this too but I'm a little scared lol! You need to post a blog about tips after you finish yours!!

    ReplyDelete